Sunday, August 10, 2008

Play group

Hi All

Just waned to drop in and let you know that day one of my organisation and the girls activity plan was a success. We went to play group and the girls had a great time. Mickalee painted a picture and let me read half a book to her. This is an improvement normally I only get to read the first page. I also tried to read a book with Brandy but she had more fun turning the pages so we just did that. The team from community health was there today and they had some great idea's of fun things to do without spending heaps of money, just using things you have at home. Unfortunately I missed out last week as the girls had high temps but they promised to cover everything again next week, which I am looking forward to. It will give me some more ideas for activity time. Brandy ran around the place the whole time not doing much, she loves the toys and generally just following the other kids around. Mickalee especially enjoyed "Crocodile lake" (a blue sheet spread out on the floor with pictures of crocodiles on it, then stepping stones to get across it before they nipped at your toes.) I found this amusing, after living in "crock country" for quite along time I found myself smiling at the description of a crocodile nipping. I have heard a lot of other descriptions about crocks, but nipping is a new one. I was once told by someone when I first moved to Gregory that if I was ever taken by a crocodile all I had to do was play dead and it would let me go. He went on to explain that a crocodile will roll with it's "prey" until the "prey" is dead, let it go and leave it to rot a little before it came back. HA!!! I am sorry but playing dead would be the last thing on my mind. Crocodile boots, and a purse? maybe but playing dead I don't think so.

I love the girls going to Play group as it is $35 a year for insurance purposes, then $1 per family each time you attend. You also take a piece of fruit per child to share. It is cheap outing and they love it. The interaction they get with other children prepares them for kindy and school and I get to have a coffee and a chat with the other mums too. It has also given me some great ideas for activities to do at home.


Tomorrow, Brandy is at Occ care from 9am - till 11.45am and Mickalee is having painting time at our house with Lily. I may even make finger paint for them. I got a good recipe for it from Rachal aka juggling mum. I also have some large butchers paper left over from packing a saved specifically for this purpose. The girls will have a great time while Tracy and I enjoy a coffee.

I hope I can stick to this activity plan, It will give me quality time with the girls and help them learn new skills as well as reconfirming old ones. I can not wait for the weather to warm up a little so they can do more outdoor activities which they love. Wish me luck.

Bye for now and happy blogging.

Bec

No comments: